dinsdag 4 februari 2014

SUN KIL MOON - I WATCHED THE FILM THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME

Benji

Op 11 februari moet het album Benji van Sun Kil Moon uitkomen.


Eigenlijk heb je het dan over Mark Kozelek. Het is het zesde album onder die naam.

Een zwaar album, want in bijna iedere song gaat er wel iemand dood, Maar een zeer betoverend album.

Neem bijvoorbeeld deze track " I Watched The Film The Song Remains The Same" een lange titel , maar dat mag ook wel voor een track van meer dan 10 minuten.

Zelf zegt hij over de song tegen de NeW York Times het volgende:

If you grew up in the 1970s and you loved ’70s rock as much as I did, then there is a good chance you saw the Led Zeppelin concert film, “The Song Remains the Same.” The film documents a 1973 Zeppelin concert at Madison Square Garden and played in theaters throughout the late ’70s and after. It became an almost instant cult classic, bringing my favorite rock band ever to life, with only a trip to the local theater.
I first saw the movie at a mall in Canton, Ohio, when I was in seventh grade. I watched it again last year on cable in my apartment in San Francisco, and the same scenes that resonated with me back then still moved me: Jimmy Page playing the hurdy-gurdy at a lake, and the John Paul Jones dream sequence scene during “No Quarter.” It was a funny thing to realize that at 46 years old, I’m still in many ways the same person I was then.


Luister naar een bijzonder nummer.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten